ave you ever thought how to empower brand with digital innovations? This task, though, is not as easy as it seems to be. The global market is very diverse – the brand value has to be delivered across different local markets and a multitude of channels. One must have strong analytical skills to predict exact spending on each channel and market. Are there any ready-made solutions for brand strengthening?
Two concepts to consider
Erik J. Martin, President at Martinspiration, Inc., states that this is where digital content localization comes into play. Today global marketing uses several techniques to measure brand effectiveness. Unfortunately, two essential concepts are not always taken into account. The first idea is to gather and identify customer experience with its local variabilities in each country. The second is to analyze feedback in order to anticipate future activities.
Estimate main content components
Before coming up with suggestions on improving branding strategies, let us consider some pieces of advice that content localization experts like to share. Bruno Herrmann, Digital Globalization and Localization Director at Nielsen Company, recommends to begin with assessing and measuring international customer experience. It helps you realize whether the digital content localization is successful enough. To understand if everything goes right with your global content campaign, apply the metrics to evaluate two main content constituents: visual and textual.
- Visual elements such as images, various symbols, and specific coloring should be customized to perfectly meet customers’ expectations in every local market. Many mistakes have been made by localizing inappropriate visual components – customers may misinterpret branding efforts or even not understand the entire strategy. When marketing and localization teams consider the importance of visuals beforehand, it increases the efficiency of your brand marketing campaign.
- Textual elements are slogans, key messages, hashtags, keywords, ad texts or any other displayed text. The main localization mistake while dealing with textual components is to think that some terms or catch phrases are of universal nature and have the same linguistic and cultural value across different channels and markets. This leads to a misunderstanding of brand key messages and therefore, results in worsening local customer experience.
Augment the content localization process
Thus, the issue of global content localization requires a holistic approach. Marketing, brand, design and localization teams must unite to reconsider the workflow and guarantee the adequacy, relevancy and quality of the localized content. Here are some points to build up a strong collaboration with benefits to all stakeholders:
- Anticipate all the difficulties before implementing marketing campaign and localizing your digital content. Bear in mind cultural and linguistic peculiarities of the target locale. It helps you make the actionable and accurate strategy storyboard.
- Study the prior content localization expertise, both of your competitors and your own. Use metrics and KPIs to define most meaningful marketing and localization tactics. You can see a real amount of content to be localized, as well as time and costs necessary to complete the tasks.
- Leverage your content adaptation practices with automated localization tools. Digital solutions make it easier to streamline your development and deployment processes. Create flexible brand content, which can be quickly adapted and tailored to the target audience’s needs.
Therefore, we’ve touched upon the most essential issues that can optimize the localization flow. Email us and get more profound tips to streamline your content.